Friday, May 4, 2012

Project 7

For project 7 what I did was I created a relaxing nature like piece, trying to use sytrus to create a flute/ violin sound. For the melody I used high pitches with longer note then short notes so it gives it a happy/ relaxing vibe. Then I brought the sound down a couple of steps to create harmony within the first part of the piece. For the middlwe part brought the notes down a whole octave along with the bass part (which I also made on sytrus). To finish the project I added automation clips on both of the melodies and on parts of the basses. While doing this project I had hoped to find a bell/triangle like sound to put in because I felt it would just made it better, but sadly I couldn't really find one I liked because I was picky about it and it didn't sound right.

1 comment:

  1. Great synth writing. It's always frustrating to not have the right sound available to you. As the class moves forward, you'll learn how to manipulate the parameters in the presets to create the sound you want.

    ReplyDelete