Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project 8 Star Wars Dubstep

This project was different than the other ones I've done so far because I feel like this is more harsh dubstep then what I have been doing in class which is a . I've made about 2-3 drum dubstep beats and put them throughout the piece. I used a snare, kick and hat and layered them all together to use at once. I used complimenting drum beats at the same time during the piece along with a melody or bass line which I thought sounded kinda cool. I used the channels 3xosc, and Poizone to create bass lines and melodies through out the song. I mainly used Poizone to create the bass lines that I wanted using longer notes to compliment the melody. I like Poizone because its pretty simple to use and I just like it in general, because using Piozone was one of my favorite projects throughout the year. I used gross beat volume too incorporate some event sound coordination to the Star Wars video like when things blew up or changed dramatically. I used gross beat in my song too on some parts to help emphasize when those events occurred. I was having a hard time with gross beat because I kept applying it to the whole song instead of to one particular part. So I only used gross beat volume a little bit because I was nervous about ruining the whole piece (which I did at one point using the time envelope, no worries I fixed it though). I spent a good time of this project trying to figure out how to work with gross beat which I did so I think its used effectively in my Star Wars dubstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment